Ten Miniature Cattle Breeds for your Small Farm

“Mini-Cows”

Miniature cattle are the perfect size livestock for smaller farms and acreages, they are much easier and safer to handle than standard sized cattle, and they are ideal as organic or grass-fed beef.

Butchering one animal provides the right amount of meat for a small family and has more choice-cuts. One “mini-cow” will feed a family of four for six months. Mini-milk cows are perfect for families who prefer cows milk to goats milk and wish to consume organic, hormone-free milk.

Minis range in size at three years of age from 36″ in height to a maximum of 48″. This is one-half to one-third the size of normal cattle.

Being herd animals, several mini-cattle would be well suited to two or three acres. They are 25-30% more feed efficient than large cattle. The gestation period of a mini cow is around 285 days, which is the same length as a full-sized cow.

Due to more homestead and hobby farms, miniature cattle numbers are growing rapidly, though they remain a miniscule percentage of the total cattle here in the U.S. Small cattle breeds are utilized in pastoral areas of the developing world and in the past they were favored by small peasant farmers in Britain.

Purchasing miniature cattle can cost between $500 to $12,000 USD, with the rare Panda possibly selling for $30,000. There are now more than twenty breeds of mini-cattle, the more common ones being less expensive.

Some refer to mini-cattle as the “green” red meat.

______________________

Below are photos and brief descriptions of ten breeds of mini-cattle.

Belted Galloway

Miniature Belted Galloway
photo credit: Leiper’s Creek Valley Farm

The Galloway cattle originiated in Scotland as an extremely hardy breed with a great temperament. They are the oldest polled breed of cattle in the world and come in several colors with a white belt, black being the most common. Their unique double layer of hair gives them more climate flexibility. They are non-selective grazers and can be run with sheep. Cows are good mothers and good milk producers.

Further information: Mini-Beltie.org.

______________________

Dexter

Dexter Mini Cow
Photo credit: wikipedia

The Dexter breed originated in Ireland. Dexter cattle are about half the size of a traditional Hereford. Mature cows weigh 600–700 pounds (270–320 kg) and mature bulls weigh 1,000 pounds (450 kg). They may be of several solid colors, black being the most common, with horns. Dexters make excellent milk cows, producing 2 to 2.5 gallons (7.6 to 9.5 liters) per day, but they are also excellent meat producers. Their third common use is as oxen.

Many of the miniature cattle breeds have been made by crossing Dexters with other breeds over these past two decades.

Further information: Oklahoma State

______________________

Zebu

Miniature Zebu

Miniature Zebu Cow with Calf

Zebu originated as naturally small primitive cattle and may date back as far as 6,000 B.C. in South Asia. They are a tropical breed which is slow to mature, hardy, and disease resistant. If raised in cold climates, they require a barn. Mature cows should weigh 300 to 500 pounds, and bulls, 400 to 600 pounds. They come in a variety of colors.

Further information: International Miniature Zebu Association

______________________

Jersey

Jersey Miniature Cattle
Photo credit: flickr

Jersey mini-cows can produce 2 to 3 gallons of milk per day. They need to be milked twice a day. One needs to lean very low to reach their udders. Jerseys have high butterfat content in their milk, a genial disposition, and they are adaptable to hot climates.

Further information: Wikipedia.

______________________

Panda

Miniature Panda Cow
photo credit: wikipedia

The “Miniature Panda” is very rare, and has a white belt with a white face and black ovals around the eyes, giving it a panda-like appearance. A panda calf can bring as much as $30,000. It may result from a cross between an Irish Dexter and a Belted Galloway.

Further information: mini cattle

______________________

Hereford

Miniature Hereford
photo credit: flickr

Miniature Herefords have been created by “breeding down,” or selecting the smallest livestock for breeding purposes. They consume about half that of full-sized cows and produce 50-75% of the meat. They weigh 500-700 pounds. There are over 300 miniature-Hereford breeders in the U.S., compared to only two dozen in the year 2000.

Further information: Australian Miniature Hereford Cattle Association.

______________________

Lowline Angus

Lowline Angus Bull
photo credit: wikipedia

Developed in Australia, like the mini-Hereford, the Lowline Angus was also created by “breeding down” or selecting the smallest stock from the established Angus breed. On average, Lowline Angus cows weigh 650-950 pounds and are 36-42 inches in height, while bulls weigh 950-1350 pounds and are 39-46 inches in height. They are black, docile, and naturally polled, while calving easily. Their carcases have higher dressing percentage, marbled meat, and are well suited to beef production on grass.

Further information: Oklahoma State

______________________

Texas Longhorn

Texas Longhorn Miniature Cow with Calf
photo credit: Indian Mountain

Miniature Texas Longhorns have been bred-down from standard-sized longhorns to approximately 1/3 the size. They are very hardy in dry climates, come in many colors, are gentle, and are good lean beef producers.

Further information: Texas Longhorn Breeders Association of America.

______________________

Highland

Miniature Highland Cattle
photo credit: AmByth Estate

Miniature Scottish Highland cattle are said to be similar to the size of the original cattle found on the Scottish isles. This ancient breed is used for beef and dairy and also as oxen. They are hardy and thrifty, have a stocky build and a long coat. They adapt well to mountains and colder climates.

Further information: Ruatiti Highland Cattle NZ

______________________

Holstein

Miniature Holstein Cow
photo credit: Cumberland Miniatures

These are miniature milk cows and may produce 2-3 gallons of milk per day. The milk is of the same quality as from the full-size Holstein cow. Mini-milk cows are perfect for families who prefer cows milk to goats milk and who prefer to drink organic milk. The black and white Holstein originated in the Netherlands, as an excellent grass-raised dairy animal.
______________________

REFERENCES:

67 thoughts on “Ten Miniature Cattle Breeds for your Small Farm

1. Teddi Pais

I like your website. It is very helpful. I grew up showing registered Simmental cattle and I was wondering if they were working on a mini Simmental breed? I would like to get a mini breed for my 8 yr old son to show in 4H. Thanks for sharing your website.

2. FreemanWeaver

I like jereys & angus as well I like all the small breeds they look good SMALL cattle are perfect for small the small farmer thease days also small tractors and draft type ponies to do the work. I think a deversefied farm would work for some people. and electric tractors would be benefisel to the small farms

3. JOHN

NICE WEBSITE I HAVE 40 ACRES IN NORTHERN ARIZONA THE ELEVATION IS 6300FT 35 MILES FROM THE GRAND CANYON IT HAS TREES AND WILD GRASS I WOULD KEEP THEM IN A CORRAL AT NITE LET THEM GRAZE DURING DAY ALSO FEED THEM HAY DRY CLIMATE COLD IN DEC JAN FEB HOT SUMMER100 DEGREE CAN U RECCOMEND A FEW BREEDS THAT WOULD DO GOOD FOR THIS CIMATE

4. Greg

There are a lot of miniature cattle in the US. Unfortunately the miniature market is overwhelmed with haphazard breeders. There are a few serious genetic defects that need to be selected against such as dwarfism, bulldog calf (chondrodyspasia), etc, many can be are passed on though a few are fatal. Many of these defects are inadvertently selected for by inexperienced breeders, when there only goal is short stature. I recommend buying only from experienced breeders and most of these are associated with a national breed registry.
    Oh and the Hereford under the Hereford heading is not a HEREFORD, nor is the Minitaure Holstein a Holstein, coat color does NOT make a breed!
    Buyer beware…

5. laura Binder

looking for a pair of mini highlanders and pair of mini jerseys. we have 75 acres in northeren mn. Where is the closest breeder?

1. Kevin Miles

Hello Laura,

I saw your posting that you are looking for miniature jerseys.
      I do not have a pair of them at this time, however, I may have one that is bred.
      She was vet checked and confirmed bred but only about 25-30 days along.
      I am having her vet checked again on May 3rd to make sure she settles.
      She will be 5 in June.
      She is from Tim O’Donnell’s stock at Dexter Corner Farm. Her name is Dexter Corner Bette.
      She is registered.
      She is a 100% foundation pure mini-jersey.
      She would be bred with my 100% foundation pure mini-jersey bull – Dexter Corner Avitus(also from Tim O’Donnell)
      I will be selling her whether she is confirmed bred or not.
      I also am expecting a calf out of another mini around May 10th. If it is a bull calf he will be up for sale after weaning.
      Bette and the bull calf could be used as a breeding pair down the road.
      I live in Mabel, MN and as far as I know am the only one in the state of Minnesota that is raising 100% registered foundation pure mini jerseys.

Hope to hear from you,

Kevin Miles

1. Randy

Hi Kevin,
        I came across your post on the Internet about your mini jersey cow for sale. I’m not sure if you did sell her or if you still have her, but if you do, please contact me. I am interested in her.
        Thanks!

2. Corinne

Hi – I’m sure this a real long shot, however, We are from Manitoba, Canada and have been seriously searching for and researching mini jerseys. It’s been tough to find lovely cows and especially close to our area. Would you be able to give me any information on anything reputable and available? We love Tim O’donell’s cows too! Hope to hear from you, gratefully yours, Corinne

3. Gerald Fletcher

i am in Garfield, MN We are looking for mini jersey milk cow. can you help us? spread the word
        thanks
        Serry 320-815-1807

4. Cynthia Dixon

I am interested in your mini jersey cows. I live in Utah. Do you know any breeders or how to find one in the west? Thank you!

6. Farm Girl

I would like to point out that many of these “mini cows” in the pictures are actually calves (which are babies). I don’t believe there are “mini” cows – outside of Dexters. We have cross bred cattle on our farm (Jersey x Holstein) and our smallest animal is about 3 1/2 feet high at the pins (hips). We didn’t breed her to be “mini”, she just came out that way. I would be EXTREMELY cautious about buying a “mini” cow.

1. Bob

You should read-up on the Lowline(Angus). Lowlines are direct desendants of Aberdeen Angus from Aberdeen, Ireland. They are approx. 70% the size of todays “modern Angus”, or very nearly the size of the original Aberdeen Angus. The Lowlines are the product of selective breeding, and carry NO “dwarf” genes. I hope you know that the reason todays cattle breeds are so large, is because the government convienced the cattlemen and dairymen to give them Growth Harmones back in the mid 20th century!

1. Gary Zosel

Actually, there may have been some growth hormones but most was and is the breeding used. Many, if not most, breeders are trying to get the largest animal of their breed so they get more money at the sale barn, They watch the Expected Progeny Differences (EPD) of the breed and select the larger ones. It got out of hand and now they are trying to reduce the size of their animals. SOME are beginning to realize that it takes a lower input (expenses) to increase profit. 120 cattle weighing 1100 pounds , or so can run on 100 acres of many areas and produce a 600 pound calf while the SAME 100 acres will only run 100 head of cattle and a 600 pound calf. 20 calves at 600 pounds at $1.50/lb equals $18,000.

7. Hans

Mini cattle (apart from the dexters essentiall yhave their bginnings as a freak of nature – who wants to breed freaks?
    Having said that I have some real nice animals red dexter x naturally polled red dairy cows – not all are as small as the Dexter bull used but some are truly beautiful and have downsized to the dexter size – Prime objective is the breed out chodrodispasia and breed polled red dexters. Now breeding F2

8. Heather

I too worry about problems that occur in breeders breeding down to miniature cattle. Many breeders are breeding for the dollars, so mixing breeds doesn’t worry them nor do they worry about the breeding problems, its only about the dollars!! We breed Miniature Galloway both belted & solid coloured Miniature Galloway.After 11years of breeding purebred & full bloods Miniature Galloway cattle we have got them much smaller then recommend height of 125cm for bulls & 120cm for cows,have 2 year old heifers 100cm, 8 year old cows 101cm, & a purebred 3 year bull 110cm. There was no inbreeding, we show our cattle & have a good reputation which we plan to keep.

1. Martin Mira

Dear Heather:
          I’m a rancher from Argentina and I’m interested in getting into the miniature cattle breeding. I particularly like the Angus breed, as it is the meat that has better qualities.
      In Argentina I did not find producers of these races.
      Do You breed Mini Angus?
      Know any breeder of Mini Angus?

Any information will be useful

From already thank you very much.

Best regards.

Martin

martinmira@hotmail.com

2. June Lester

I live in Tx and have been looking for belted Galloway miniature cows.
      Where are you located? What is your usual price range? What is your
      herd size? How many calves do you sell per year?
      Your using CM measurements instead of inches…?? Please get back with
      me. Sincerely, June Lester

3. Bob

I’m not sure about other “minis”, but I know for sure that the Lowline(Angus) DOES NOT carry the “dwarf” gene.

1. Carrie

There are several Lowline Angus breeders in Oregon and Washington. I suggest visiting the NW Lowline Association website or the American Lowline Association site. We purchased 2 breed Lowline Angus heifers last year and they had wonderful and easy calves. Sweet cows. The breed is bred for temperament as well as the beef aspect.

9. jimmie

I have just started looking ,my girls sow horses and i have two concernes ,how can you tell about breeders is there a sight to research them and will they do well around our quarter horses, will I need to pasture them sepparately. the horses are calm how about the minis ?

1. kati

jimmie: Bored or playful or stock horses sometimes find cattle either fun or irritating – either way it spells trouble if they decide the cattle are targets. The usual impact is a bitten off tail, ear or a kick. And that is what I have seen for results of people putting them together. ps- the size of the area doesn’t seem to matter. Be good at your husbandry and provide each with its own needs seperately. ps cattle, donkeys, mules, ponies, goats, pigs and fowl are all potential targets! Horses are the odd duck out.

2. Robin Stankoff

We keep a draft horse and a donkey in the same pasture as our mini Herefords and they get along just fine. Be aware that cattle and horses graze differently. Horses bite grass off at the ground with their teeth and are harder on a pasture than mini cattle. Cattle wrap their tongues around the grass and break it off. Combining the two animals isn’t as much of an issue (in my opinion…unless the personalities of the animals clash). I believe the bigger concern, for long term management is to ensure that the animals are rotated regularly through different portions of your property to give the grass time to rest, grow, and stay healthy.

1. Robin Stankoff

Dennis…YES there are several mini Hereford breeders in Ohio. You can obtain more information on our website about our available animals, http://www.OhioMiniHerefords.com, and I can put you in contact with several other farms that I believe are honest and . We currently have 3 heifers available for sale and possibly one bull. Our farm vision is to raise polled mini cattle with a 42-46″ frame (will carry about 600-800 pounds of beef). The Hereford breed is very gentle, calm, good natured. We chose to develop a polled herd for safety and to eliminate the requirement to de-horn them as calves (it’s painful to watch), horned mini Herefords are more common. We halter break all of our animals so they can be handled by anyone. My husband was not raised around farm animals and is not afraid to handle our two bulls. The Ohio Cattleman’s association recently reported that beef breeders in Ohio have an average herd size of 17 (directly related to smaller farm size). West coast farms/ranches have much larger herds/properties. My small herd allows me to spend more one on one time with each animal and assess their health daily. Whether you buy animals from our farm or another…keep in touch as you grow your herd. I believe it is very important for small farms to network and support one another.

Respectfully,
      Robin Stankoff
      Camden, OH

1. Jean Skarzenski

I am not sure if I filled things out right, name, mail & website.

Last year I bought some goats because I new my husbands knees were getting bad and I couldn’t milk the regular size cow as she would kick. The milk from the goats taste good after it has been cooled properly and put in the ref. After a day or so it taste goatee to me. I put a lid on it and it doesn’t matter. I have been wondering what I am going to do, so I jokingly said to my husband do they make small cows and he looked it up online and yes there is such an animal.

I started looking and ran across a response that you have minis and you live in Ohio. I live in North East PA which is next to Erie PA. Could you let me know what the prices of your cattle would be?

I thank you for your time.

Jean

10. Debbie Groce

We got our first Dexter heifer last November, after much research and looking we had settled on this breed for our needs. Dexters are dual purpose and can provide both meat and milk and the breeder we chose was knowledgeable in both aspects. Our girl is long legged and naturally polled. She is in a paddock of her own with good grass and clover and gets tied out for up to 4 hours a day. We live in Missouri and from the road everyone thinks that we have an Angus (she is black) next year we will have her artificially inseminated and start our little herd. This may not work for everyone but it will work well for us.

1. Dannyboys9

Your post has help me make a choice with the dexter. Was looking to have a small Hurd of my own for our 30 acre family farm. We will be having child number 9 in jan. and wanted to run a self sustaining farm with all the kids. I did not need the expense of full size cattle nor the grazing space of a large acre farm. Jersey was my first choice but having the dual purpose in the dexter is a winner for us. Thanx

11. DianneInVa

I wonder if some of the “miniatures” are actually closer to the heritage size. In other words, have cattle been supersized the way chickens and pigs have?

1. Bob

The answer is YES!. The Lowline(Angus) is almost exactly the size of their founding ancestors; the Aberdeen Angus, which orginated in Aberdeen, Ireland.

1. Kelly

BOB!! Please, please!! Aberdeen is NOT in Ireland – – Aberdeen is in SCOTLAND, in fact it is about as far to the northeast in SCOTLAND as you can get making it the farthest point in Scotland AWAY from Ireland which, by the way is on a SEPARATE Island from Scotland and separated by a large body of water, ummm like the North Atlantic Ocean!- – you keep saying Aberdeen Ireland – WRONG. If you don’t believe me then at LEAST look it up!! You have now stated it twice, and were corrected after the first time.

Hans, you are incorrect. Miniatures are not “freaks” but most are a product of a breeding program that takes the smaller framed offspring for breeding. Often the mini’s are bred from Heritage breeds that are smaller to begin with. Almost all “Heritage Breeds” were imported from Europe and, in their “original” sizes were all much smaller than the modern versions. Jerseys (originally about 43″ – 48″) were favored for several reasons: highest butterfat content making their milk richer and better for butter, yogurt, buttermilk, sour cream, heavy cream and cheeses. Also, Jerseys are natural dominant carriers of the A2/A2 casein protein (while the scientific community still debates the findings, preliminary results suggest that A2 milk is better for you, A1 casein breaks down into casomorphins in the gut (peptides that act as opiates in the brain) and has been linked to various diseases of civilization.
        Anyway, the “miniature” Jersey (while smaller than the Heritage Jersey, mini Jerseys measure in at about 34″ – 40″) never carries the “bull dog” gene, or the Chondro dwarfism gene (Chondrodysplasia is a genetic issue, not contagious, and not a disease. It is a kind of dwarfism present in the Dexter breed), the mini Jersey has wonderful rich butterfat content in the milk and the meat, while not as plentiful as on a Dexter, is still very sweet, tasty, tender and is more than ample for a growing family of 6 – 8. The mini Jerseys produce 2 – 3 gallons of milk a day but don’t eat nearly as much as their larger cousins who don’t produce as rich a milk and who eat a LOT more.

So, for my money, I went for the miniature Jersey, my little heifer at a little over 2 years old is about 37″ at the top of her hip/back and is sweet natured, playful but gentle and gets along nicely with my 8 sheep, donkey, 5 chickens and Pyraneese. I graze them all on the same pastures, rotate to give the grass, coastal, rye, clover a chance to recover and only have to supplement hay in the 3 months of “hard winter” here in Texas. Did I mention that my little farm is only about 4 acres and part of that has my house, a barn, a double car port and a moderate size pond? So, small livestock (sheep, donkey, miniature cow) makes for BIG benefits in my Texas haven.

Miniature Jerseys are not perfect and may not be what you are looking for, but that is why there are other miniature breeds of cattle. The small family farmstead is on the rise and we need to be supportive of one another and network to grow our resources!

1. Rosie

Kelly, where did you get your mini-Jerseys from? I’m hoping to have a “mini farm” in Central/SE Texas in the next few years, and I think that mini-Jerseys would be perfect!

12. patrice

Hey you small cow lovers,
    Check out vechur cattle at http://www.vechur.org
    The Vechur is the tiniest dairy cow in the world, about the size of a large dairy goat and can be supported on 1/4 of an acre. It has 5% butterfat content and wonderful attributes of disease resistance and very low impact to the land. It does not require any grain!
    None of the mini cattle in the USA come close to the small size and high milk yield relative to its size.
    The vechur yields one gallon of rich milk a day which is perfect for a family!

1. Lyla Repke

That is great but are there any available in California, USA? Can’t seem to find any heritage/mini milkers.

13. Adela, Slovakia EU

Hi all, Slovakia is very poor about breed of cattle. I breed holstein at home farm. Thinking to start at mini cows – new breed in the country.

14. richard harness

we raise shorthorns and last January 23, 2013 we had a white heifer
    weighing about 20 pounds born, she now stands about 30 inches tall and
    weighs about 200 pounds. Would like to find a good home for her. anyone wanting to start mini shorthorns should contact me 573-377-2057

15. Michael Reid

Love the miniature belted Galloways- looking to start a small herd here in California- can anyone connecting me with a pair ?

16. Vic

Am really interested in the idea of mini cows for a small hobby ranch in South Texas. I have a concern about predators. The coyotes, wild dogs and bobcats in the area can take down a yearling calf or full grown deer. Do the mini’s interact well with donkeys? Donkeys are great herd protectors.

Also, what breeds would you suggest for the hot dry summers we get?

Thanks,
    Vic

1. Kelly

Hi Vic,

I live in Texas (east of Dallas) and have small livestock (sheep and a miniature Jersey heifer) and yes, coyotes, dogs and bobcats are a problem, lots of each, though primarily coyotes, range through this area every night.

We have fenced our property with field fence (small squares at the bottom graduating to larger squares at the top) and secured the bottom of the fence to make it very very difficult to dig under; we have a donkey (not a mini donkey) that really hates canine predators and had bonded closely with our flock of sheep and the mini Jersey heifer (if you get a Jack you MUST geld him, he WILL attack/attempt rape any female livestock you have, potentially injuring them severely, just sayin’ . . . .) AND we have a Pyranees LGD. She is excellent with all the livestock, including the chickens and very watchful all night long, patrols the whole property fence line, barks/alerts to anything that moves – including rustlers! I’ve had the pleasure of taking a shot at some of all the predators to which my guardians have alerted me to their presence.

We have been successful and our 3 prong protection seems to be working.

2. Joanie Storck

Vic,
      We also live close to a large city, Wichita KS, and we deal with mainly coyotes and packs of abandoned dogs. Our Dexter cattle with their God given horns do any excellent job of protecting themselves and their calves. I have seen them at work with both. They work as a herd and toss them around, that is, if they stay around after the herd runs at them. Smile
      Joanie Storck
      Whitedexter.com

17. Jim Cox

My name is jim cox I am a disabled vet looking for two mini longhorns for pets I have a couple acres a small barn 2 stalls and a small pond just not a lot of money I live just outsideof lluck in Texas if you can help please respond thank you jim. Jcox241@msn.com

18. regina

Can anyone tell me where to buy miniature jersey or hereford milk cows in Texas. Looking to buy some but don’t know where to look and all the web sites I have found are in the Northern States.

1. Munir akhtar Baig

Delighted to read different breedsof miniature cows.after reading the details about the yeilds of miniature cattles . Istarted thinking to make a miniature cattle (cows) farm for milk &beef production .could it be possible to get miniature Baffloes for farming purpose please do convey the knowledge .

2. Slu Maldonado-Stone

Hi, I was wondering if you ever found any Jerseys? I am also interested in them and would apreciate any info you might have found

19. Eric

Looking for mini cattle breeders near Bowling Green, Kentucky. Primarily interested in mini Belted Galloways, but will consider other breeds.

20. Rick Sanders

Great site.
    My wife and I started with Highland Cattle in 1990. We then started a Mini Highland Cattle Project and were able to pick up animals from the only other established Mini Highland Cattle project we could find. Our genetics go back to the early 1980’s. So, I would tell you that we have been breeding exclusively Mini Highland Cattle for longer than anyone on earth. A big brag, but I suspect it is true.
    Many people begin the project, but give up after a few years because they realize that there are no new blood lines to procure easily and then the math is really discouraging. I wish it weren’t so. We really need people to make the commitment.
    One of your responders mentioned “dwarfism, bulldog calf (chondrodyspasia), etc,”. In 2005 I was the main speaker at our first “international Miniature Highland Cattle Association” meeting in New Zealand. A member of the audience asked what about dwarfism? I stated simply that it is a fact of life.
    However, it is a problem we can deal with over time, but I believe that everyone who has ever started a Mini Highland project, crossed with Dexter Cattle to get the height down at the beginning. Not only that, but they likely went to the short legged Dexter and that is one most likely to carry the gene.
    Having said that, I had a closed herd for 10 years or so, so it magnified those traits. Even with that, I don’t think I have had more than 5 or 6 dead calves that I could attribute to that gene. We are working, through our vet, with the University of California at Davis, to develop a test for Highland Cattle that will detect that gene. That test will make it much easier to plan breeding and cull animals.
    Finally, although there are something like “27” Mini Cattle Breeds, most of those are first or second time crosses. They may have great eye appeal, but they are not based on any previously established breed. Nothing wrong with them, but we obviously believe in the smaller version an established breed.
    Rick Sanders
    Trembath Mountain Ranch
    P.O. Box 22
    Fiddletown, CA 95629
    (209) 245-6973
    rsanders@integritydm.com

21. Joanie Storck

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through all of the comments on this site. Most everyone has asked good questions and received fairly informed answers. It is great to see the interest in the small breeds. My husband and I spent 13 years doing a legitimate 5 generation upgrade to a new small breed of white dexters. I’m very pleased with the result of our efforts. All you expect from a Dexter in a new package.

22. Andrew

To create a “panda”, cross a Belted Galloway with a Hereford. That’s it. A cross bred coat pattern. Nothing more. They will keep the Panda face until the F3 stage, and depending upon you breeding strategy, they may start to revert to a parent breed, usually the Beltie, from then on.

23. Larry Didur

We started with new born Highland bull in 2006 and three heifers. Since the bull was old enough to bread we have been having calves that at the age of three years old are about half the size of there parents. Would the calves be mini Highland?

24. Tom Phelps

I am 72, I have a small hobby farm (11 Acres) I have new pasture, new Buildings, Clarkesville, Ga. I thinking about raising some small animal as pets and to sell, need some advise and pricing info. on mini cows ??

25. Pat

I live in Southeast GA and am interested in the mini Galloway breed and would like to hear from someone in or near GA with this breed. Would like great breed line.

26. CAROL WILLIAMS

Can you tell me how much the mini Jersey cows run? Do you know if anyone in Indiana has them? Thanks, Carol

27. Lani Fay

I am looking for the Scottish Highland mini cows. We have 5 acres to keep them on. I live just outside Forestville, WI. Can anyone help me find a breeder I can buy from and what the cost would be? If I can’t find the Scottish I would be interested in any small breed that can handle the Wisconsin winters. Please contact me at lanifay19@gmail.com! Thanks for any help you can provide!