USDA Report: State Fact Sheets
State fact sheets provide information on population, income, education, employment, federal funds, organic agriculture, farm characteristics, farm financial indicators, top commodities, and exports, for each State in the United States. Links to county-level data are included when available. (Data last updated on December 9, 2010.) Select a State or the U.S. summary
To follow, is a loosely formed list of farmland investment vehicles from the U.S., Canada, South America, and global:
- Farmland LP (sustainable farmland in the U.S.)
- NGP Global Adaptation Partners (Mark Zenuk, managing director)
- Black River Asset Management, part of the U.S. agri-business giant Cargill (Rich Hammill, managing director)
- Macquarie Crop Fund — (Carlos Aguiar, chief executive)
- Macquarie Agricultural Funds Management — (Tim Hornibrook)
- Agro Terra (Mark McLornan, chief executive) – Argentina
- Assiniboia Farmland Ltd. Partnership (Canada)
- International Farming Corp. (Mary McNairy)
- AgriCura (Gary Taylor) U.S.
- Optima Fund Management (Executive Managing Director Tom Gimbel) – Optima intends to list its American Farmland Co REIT in the next three to four years
- Gladstone Land Corp, a REIT focused on agricultural properties, on Nasdaq under the symbol “LAND.”
- Emergent Asset Management (David Mirrin) – 14 countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- InvestAg Savills (Henry Wilkes CEO)
- Terra Firma Capital Partners
- Agrotrust (www.Agrotrust.com)
- Hancock Agricultural Investment Group
- Chess Ag Full Harvest Partners (Shonda Warner, CEO)
- Insight Investment (Ms. McBride)
- SLC Agricola SA (CEO Arlindo de Azevedo Moura) Brazil
- Warakirri Agricultural Trust
- Agman Group
- Sustainable Agricultural Fund
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Black Earth Farming Ltd.
- UBS AgriVest LLC.
- Cresud Inc.
- AgCapita Partners, Calgary
- Bonnefield Financial Inc., Toronto
- Pike Management Group, Calgary
- One Earth Farms Corp.
- HAIG – U.S.
- Limoneira Company (LMNR)
- Alico, Inc (ALCO)
- J.G. Boswell Company (BWEL.PK)
- Spearhead International
- Westchester Group
- African AgriLand Fund
- Brown & Co.
Note that this is the sixth of my November farmland report series, the previous ones are linked below.
November 2010 Reports to date: